To provide a range of hands on support services for eligible funding recipients of the Disability Services Commission (DSC) and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) including assistance with assistance with accommodation & tenancy obligations; daily planning, skill building, decision making and budgeting; employment assistance; and mentoring.
- Cert 3 & 4 in Disability Services and/or relevant qualification in Human Services,
- Psychology, Social Work or similar OR equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with disadvantaged client groups in the
- aged care, disability or mental health sectors or equivalent experience.
- High level of professionalism and outstanding work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable adults including the aged and those with disabilities and/or mental health issues
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds with compassion and empathy and without judgment for their lifestyle choices, personal preferences and values
- Ability to work well both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to achieve excellent outcomes based on individual needs / goals
- Emotional resilience and ability to support individuals who may be, on occasion be experiencing significant distress, crisis or mental illness
- Competent in using cloud based internet systems such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar
|Facilitatrix CaseWorker Mentor JDF.docx|