Facilitatrix offers both corporate training and consultancy services for agencies in the aged care and disability sectors as well as education sessions for community groups. A number of our training sessions have now been endorsed by the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA).
Our customised in-house training can be adapted to suit the needs of particular agencies and we apply a collaborative approach to ensure that training opportunities for your staff are maximised. Our facilitators are industry professionals who have many years’ experience in aged care and disability, as well as public speaking and community education.
Examples of training we offer include:
- Guardianship and Administration in Western Australia - ACWA Endorsed
- Medical Consent – what all service providers need to know - ACWA Endorsed
- Identifying and Dealing with Elder Abuse
- Disability and Sexuality - ACWA Endorsed
- Managing Conflict and Conflict Resolution
- Balancing Human Rights and Duty of Care
- Identifying and Eliminating Restrictive Practices
- Navigating the Criminal Justice System for Young Adults with Cognitive Disabilities - ACWA Endorsed
For community groups we can tailor education sessions to meet your members’ needs.
Examples of sessions we provide include:
- Executing an Enduring Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Guardianship
- Future planning and what everyone should know
- Identifying and dealing with elder abuse
- Choosing the right accommodation or service provider
Our professional consultancy services can provide:
- Independent file audit
- Independent service review
- Independent investigation of complaints or critical incidents
- Independent assessment and elimination of restrictive practices
- Independent assessment of compliance with legislative and contractual obligations
- Independent review of policies and procedures
Our consultancy services include a comprehensive written report, indentifying issues of concern and making recommendations for service improvement.