We are committed to supporting people to maintain positive relationships and healthy lifestyles. We offer a variety of services to support individuals and their family members during difficult times in their lives.
Where specialist input outside of our area of expertise is required, we will offer referral to an appropriate health care professional.
We offer counselling on a range of issues, including:
- Adjusting to disability or illness
- Transition to residential care
- Guardianship & Administration
- Loss of Independence
- Abuse & Exploitation
- Grief and loss
Where there is disagreement within a family concerning the care and welfare of a loved one, we are able to offer a conciliation service, which aims to negotiate an outcome that is agreeable to all parties. Issues that may be conciliated include:
- Determining an aged care placement suitable to various parties
- Negotiating contact arrangements between loved ones
- Negotiating agreement regarding medical treatment
- Resolving conflict or disagreement between family members
- Resolving disagreement between family members and health professionals
- Negotiating agreement regarding the types of support services that a family member may require access to
We specialise in providing conciliation for families, where, if their differences are not resolved, their loved one may be placed under guardianship and/or administration.
Please note that conciliation is a voluntary process and therefore this service can only be offered, where all parties concerned have agreed to participate.
Our mediation services have a particular focus on resolving family conflict and preventing the need for a guardian and/or administrator to be appointed; or where a guardian and/or administrator has already been appointed working towards the possibility of having those orders revoked.
|Download the Facilitatrix Corporate Training Brochure|